Sun, Sand & Spices- A Yogic Trail in Kerala
Set off for a yogic rejuvenation retreat in one of the world's most blissful tropical ecodestinations - The God's Own Country of Kerala, situated on the Malabar Coast of South-Western India. Named as one of the ten paradises of the world by National Geographic Traveler, this slender coastal strip lined with almost 600 km of glorious Arabian Sea coast and the awe-inspiring mountain range of Western Ghats, it's a world away from the frenzy of the rest of India.
Join yogini Tanya Lajunen and other yoga enthusiasts for a blissed-out languorous Yoga wellness retreat, indulging in authentic local experiences and immersing in the laidback Southern culture and sublime taste bud-tingling culinary traditions. During this retreat, you will traverse from the azure Marari coast, rated as one of the World's Top Five Hammock Beaches" and quaint backwaters in Aleppey to the verdant Western Ghats, a proclaimed ' UNESCO ' World Heritage site and one of the eight biodiversity hotspots of the world, and further into the colonial town of Kochi, experiencing the mindblowing diversity of Kerala and practicing yoga in the serenity of nature. In addition to regular yoga sessions, you will also have the chance to experience the holistic and ancient wellness practice of Ayurveda, indulging in rejuvenating whole-body oil massages and pampering body treatments.
You will be guided by the experienced Vinyasa yogini, Tanya Lajunen, from the heart of Finnish Saimaa Lakeland, who have perambulated and practiced yoga in several countries including India. In addition to the Yoga guide, you will be also accompanied by a local throughout the length of the trip.
- Outdoor nature yoga sessions throughout the trip under the guidance of an experienced yogini.
- Houseboat cruise through the Vembanad Lake, the largest in India, in the Backwaters of Aleppey, popularly known as "Venice of the East".
- The culinary diversity of Kerala, with a staggering diversity owing to its varying landscapes and colonial influences.
- Market visits, tasting sessions, and cooking workshops learning to prepare sublime local delicacies.
- Hiking through the tea gardens, shola grasslands, and spice plantations in Vagamon in the Sahyadri Mountain ranges or the Western Ghats.
- Visiting spice garden, and introduction to Indian spices and condiments and the possibility to buy them straight from the farmers.
Language of Instruction
Who is this for?
The itinerary is ideal for yoga enthusiasts of all levels. All the physical activities including hiking are designed and customized to suit the traveler's requirements and physical ability.
#Yoga #Wellness #Shopping #Yogateacher #Houseboat #Kerala #Ayurveda #Mindful #Holisticwellness #Spicetrail