- A rare chance to explore the uniqueness of the 2.5 billion-year-old Finnish Fell Lapland and the Swedish Archipelago Lapland in one trip.
- Explore the Taiga wilderness in Pyhä-Luosto national park celebrating the traditional noble technique of wilderness skiing in the forests over virgin snow, instead of the regular skiing using man-made tracks.
- Experience the joy of snowshoeing exploring the parts of snow-laden forests, swamps, and fells which would otherwise be not accessible on skis or foot.
- Experience the art of "Nordic meditation" with an ice-fishing session in the frozen sea waters of the Gulf of Bothnia and learning an exotic method of catching fish by drilling and jigging an ice hole with expert ice fishermen.
- Become part of the arctic history by joining the Polar explorer cruise on an Arctic icebreaking mission in the frozen waters of the Bothnian sea in Lapland and a chance to take the ultimate leap of faith and take a plunge in the icy water.
- Visit a 2000-million-year-old amethyst mine located in the bowels of the ancient Pyhä mountains and to dig up a lucky amethyst stone as a keepsake.
- An adventurous husky safari mushing the magnificent northern beasts on the frozen Bothnian sea.
- Learn to cook an exotic multicourse Lappish dinner using local ingredients on an open fire with a wilderness chef, learning about the farm & forest-to-table Lappish food culture, and finally a warm cozy dinner in a traditional Kota.
- Sleep under the stars in a premium glass igloo complete with private sauna and jacuzzi session, nestled in the Pyhä wilderness.
- Enjoy true Lappish hospitality and live like a local being hosted by a local family in a ranch in the Fell Lapland.
- Meet Santa Claus and cross the magical Arctic Circle at the Rovaniemi Santa Claus Village.
- Explore Northern life, culture, and arts through impressive exhibitions at the Arktikum, Korundi House of Culture, and Science center Pilke.
- Indulge in an eco-luxurious experience of the traditional wood-heated sauna by the Lake away from the city lights.
Who is this for?
The trail is ideal for small groups of relatively good physical condition, who want to experience an off-the-beaten-adventure-track in Lapland and appreciate the true spirit of Lappish life with the locals. The trail could be tailored to fit bigger groups of up to 10 persons.
#OffbeatLapland #SwedishArchipelagoLapland #FellLapland #Frozenseaicefishing #AdventureLapland #ArcticLife #VisitArktikum #VisitKorundi #VisitPilke #AdrenalinebucketlistLapland #Amethystmine #Icebreakercruise #Sleepunderthestars #IglooLapland #Huskysafari # Livelikealocal #Homestaywithlocals #Cookingwithlocals #TraditionalFinnishsauna #RovaniemiSantaClausVillage #PyhäLuosto #Luleå #GulfofBothniaArchipelago