Who is this for?
- A unique 'Living with the Local' experiential trail, intended to melt cultural barriers and indulge in the unadulterated charms of the countryside living and Finnish village hospitality in Finnish Lakeland Savo, pampered by a lively old host couple.
- A chance for the travelers, particularly the kids to reconnect with each other and rewild uninhibited, experiencing the joy of living in a beautiful lakefront farm, and in close connection with the farm, nature, and farm animals, enjoying the midnight sun summer days.
- Learning to ride horses and spending an afternoon in a lively animal farm petting and playing with cute farm animals such as sheep, lamb, dogs, hens, ponies, etc.
- Experiencing Finnish gastronomy in its best form - fresh from the farm and forests, humble and homemade with grandmotherly love.
- Learning to pick edible wild herbs, berries, and mushrooms with your grandfather host and make wild food-inspired dishes such as nettle pancakes.
- Picking and tasting strawberries from a bountiful berry farm and baking sessions with the grandmother host, baking berry pies.
- Learning to fish and smoking/grilling it using the traditional technique by open fire by the lake.
- Experiencing the joy of traditional Finnish lake sauna followed by a dip in the cool clear lake.
- Enjoying a lakeside picnic, tasting a rich spread of delectable homemade Savonian delicacies.
- Biking along the winding village roads, enjoying the countryside scenery with quaint wooden village houses, farms, and sparkling lakes, a phenomenal way to experience the beauty of Finnish summer.
- Boating in the quaint lake next to the farmhouse, enjoying beautiful summer mornings and midnight sun evenings.
This is a unique itinerary, inspired by the 'Live with the Local' concept, seeking out experiences that transcend races, borders, cultures, and languages. It is meant for couples, small groups of 4-5 persons or small families with kids, who want to experience authentic Finnish countryside life, hosted by a 'Mummo' and 'Ukki' - the Finnish grandparents, who will lovingly welcome you to their big countryside farmhouse with ponies, in the middle of a beautiful farm next to the lake. The old farmer couple who used to be dairy farmers, now indulge in the hobby of photography, shooting the wildlife who visits their farm - an absolute waterbirds' paradise, cooking up a storm, baking, and gardening.
#Finlandvillagevacation #Lakelandholiday #Livelikealocal #Livewithalocal #Localgastronomy #Finnishfarm #Countrysidefarmhouse #Ponies #Horseriding #Lakepicnic #Outdoobarbeque #Finnishfarm #Fishing #Smoking #Cyclinginthevillage #Pettingfarm #Animalfarm #Berryfarm #Cookingwithlocal #Farmtotable #Lakesauna #Summerinfinland #Finnishlakelandsummer