Yoga, Wine & Travel - Experience a holiday worthy of dreams, amidst the charming Adriatic coastline, the green heart of Croatia - Istria!
From ancient Roman ruins, medieval towns, clear water bays, vineyards, and olive groves, prosciutto, truffles, and all types of seafood, Istria is a treasure trove for culinary and culture lovers. This yoga holiday is set in the ancient coastal town of Novigrad, a small peninsula on the western coast of Istria. Accompanied by the experienced yogini, Tanja Lajunen, you will enjoy a relaxing Mediterranean holiday escaping the late autumn blues, amidst unspoiled natural landscapes, rich heritage, and sublime food. You will visit some of the most picturesque medieval towns such as the charming little walled hill town of Motovun, the fairy tale town of Hum- the smallest town in the world located in the heart of Istria, and the artistic beehive of Grožnjan. For a complete holistic experience, your days will begin with the practice of Pranayama, the breathing technique followed by Ashtanga Vinyasa, an energetic and solar discipline to detoxify and regenerate you.
- Daily yoga sessions next to Maestral beach - the iconic Blue Flag winner, in Adriatic Istria famous for its staggering landscape and gastronomy.
- Wine tasting in three different prominent wine regions in Istria.
- Olive oil sampling in the family-run olive yards of Istria, famed for its world-class olive oil and winner of 'Best Olive Oil Region' by the 2019 Flos Olei olive oil guide, now four times in a row.
- Truffle tasting and cooking session of traditional Istrian delicacies using seasonal ingredients with the local chef.
- Flavors of Istria culture-history tour to the medieval iconic Istrian towns of Hum, Grožnjan, and Motovun.
- Luxury beachside spa resort.
You will be escorted by the experienced Vinyasa yogini, Tanja Lajunen, from the heart of Finnish Saimaa Lakeland, who have perambulated and practiced yoga in several countries across the globe. In addition to the daily yoga sessions, you will be also accompanied by a local guide throughout the length of the guided excursions included in the itinerary.
Language of Instruction
Who is this for?
The itinerary is ideal for yoga enthusiasts and food lovers, in search of an offbeat wellness holiday, soaking up the local culture.
#Yoga #Retreat #Wellness #Winetasting #Truffles #Oliveoiltasting #Cookingcourse #Istria #Motovun #Ayurveda #Hum #Culinary #Beachvacation