Winter in Finland
“There’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes”
If you think you have seen snow, if you think have seen cold winter, think again. Unless you have visited Finland in winter, you haven’t seen winter in its full glory. Starting towards the end of November, the whole of north and eastern Finland gets blanketed by pure white snow, which gives the whole landscape a surreal mystical appearance. The dry continental climate here makes it more bearable than the damp cold of central Europe. Finland is one place where you can go out riding huskies even when the thermometer shows a petrifying -20 or -30 degree Celsius. Finns are so used to this kind of weather, so everything runs smoothly and punctually. If you are dressed properly, there is no other place like Finland to enjoy all the glorious winter sports in one place.
- Exploring the reasons which makes Finland the ‘happiest country in the world’, now twice in a row.
- Once-in-a-lifetime chance to become an Aurora Borealis hunter and chase the blaz-ing Northern lights in the Arctic
- Magical experience visiting the home of the Santa in the Santaclaus village in Rovaniemi and meet the “man” himself and the elf workshop and find out whether you have been naughty or nice
- Indulge in an unbelievable experience spending a night in a luxury igloo and sleep under the starry sky and try your luck catching a glimpse of the enchanting Northern lights from the cozy comforts of your bed
- Cross the magic Arctic circle and wish for a dream
- Unleash the daredevil in you and earn your certificate joining the Icebreaker cruise and swim in the open arctic sea in a survival suit
- Earn the Finn certificate riding huskies, snow mobiles and reindeers in the wilder-ness
- Get your axes out and try some ice climbing on frozen waterfalls near Korouoma canyon, a millions of years-old magnificent valley
- “Sauna and Smoke sauna” experience at Löyly, rated by US Time magazine as one of the World's 100 Greatest Places.
- Ferry cruise to the UNESCO World heritage site, Suomenlinna Sea Fortness in Hel-sinki
- Spend some quality time with Lappish reindeer herding family
Who is this for?
This trail is especially tailored for thrill seekers and adventurers. The itinerary is rich with diverse exciting experiences who like to ignite their inner fire on snow.