- An adrenaline-spiking adventure holiday in the land of Northern Lights in the pristine and wilder reaches of Lapland, where you will unleash your inner thrillseeker.
- Exploring Pyhätunturi - one of the rarest destinations in the World with over a 2-billion-year-old-history, experiencing the real sense of the Northern life, away from the madding winter crowd.
- A once-in-a-lifetime chance to become an Aurora Borealis hunter and chase the blazing Northern lights through the Arctic wilderness.
- Magical experience visiting the home of the Santa Claus in Rovaniemi and meet the “man” himself surrounded by the elves and find out whether you have been naughty or nice.
- Indulge in an unbelievable experience of sleeping under the starry sky in an aurora glass igloo near the lake and try your luck catching a glimpse of the surreal Northern lights from the cozy comforts of your bed.
- Earn your "crazy" Finn certificate joining the Icebreaker cruise in the frozen waters of Bothnia sea in Lapland and taking a daring plunge into the icy waters.
- Cross the magical Arctic circle and wish for a dream.
- Visit the incredible snow castle and it's hidden treasures in Kemi, built every year using only snow and ice made from seawater as building materials.
- Get your axes out, embrace your courageous self, and try ice climbing the tumbling slopes, frozen by the plummeting temperatures in the Ice age-sculpted mountain slopes, sacred to Sámi culture.
- Enjoy a thrilling snowmobile ride through the frozen lake and forests.
- Learn the favorite Finnish pastime of cross-country skiing using forest skis through the magical silence of the fairytale forests in the Fell Lapland.
- A cozy evening safari in a reindeer sled hunting for aurora and other light phenomena in the arctic sky, regaled by mystical tales of the Northern lights and Lapland
- Ride huskies through the snow-laden arctic wilderness.
- Visit a local Sámi reindeer farm and learn to cook a multi-course Lappish dinner prepared with reindeer meat from the farm and berries and mushrooms from the nearby forests, on an open fire with the family.
- A multi-course classic Lappish dinner in a traditional Kota hut accompanied by Lappish music, drums, and intense Saami joik.
- Enjoy the Finnish custom of the sauna at the cozy comforts of your cabins.
- Visit the Arktikum museum and science center with striking architecture, experiencing northern nature, culture, and history up close.
Who is this for?
This trail is specially tailored for thrillseekers looking for an activity and adventure-packed holiday in the offbeat Lapland, with original experiences instead of tourist lures. The itinerary is rich with a diverse range of exciting experiences that would ignite their inner fire in the snow. The activities can be customized for travelers with different ranges of skill levels.
#OffbeatLapland #Pyhä-Luosto #IcebreakercruiseLapland #AdrenalinejunkieLapland #Sleepingunderstars #Aurorachasers #Livelikealocal #Saamifamily #Huskylove #Gonewiththehusky #Iceclimbing #Arcticmagic #Floatinginthesea #MeetingSanta #Santavillage #Rovaniemi #Northernlightssighting #Snowmobileriding #SnowcastleKemi #IcecastleLapland #Icerestaurant #Finnishpastime #Cookingwithlocals #Lappishdelicacies #Crosscountryskiing #FellLapland #Igloolove #Boutiquestays #SleepinginIgloo #Arktikum